大使馆两度劝返,中国驴友偏要非洲“绝地求生”,结果…… – 21世纪英文报微信公众号文章

近日,在非洲旅行的鲁姓“驴友”,因中国大使馆两度发文劝其返程未果,并先后患上疟疾、新冠肺炎,引发网友热议。

9月11日凌晨,该鲁姓“驴友”自曝除了身患疟疾外又染上新冠病毒,“返航”计划再度搁浅↓

The Chinese hiker who planned to travel through the African continent on foot has tested positive for the novel coronavirus and will be staying at a local hospital in Ouagadougou, capital of Burkina Faso to recuperate during the Mid-autumn festival, according to his latest update on Weibo.

事情源于9月3日,中国驻布基纳法索大使馆发布了一封情真意切的劝告信《致勇敢的徒步旅者:快返航,你前进的方向不是家》。

在这封信里,使馆领事语重心长地劝告“徒步旅行者鲁先生”:“勇敢不是鲁莽……提升对人生价值的感悟并不意味着以生命为赌注去试探危险的边界。”试图让这位网友放弃接下来的陆上旅程,乘机回国。

据这封信的内容显示,当时鲁姓网友病情严重,布基纳法索东部城市法达恩古尔马的医院联系了中国驻布基纳法索大使馆,根据院方提供的姓名,再在微博上对比驴友的行程,大使馆赶紧要来该网友和大夫的联系方式,请中国援布医疗队的大夫同其联系,听到其已经住院治疗、状况稳定,才松了一口气。大使馆还在信内表示,会提供给他必要的协助。

Lu was in a serious condition when he was first diagnosed of malaria. A local hospital then reached the Chinese embassy and informed them of the man’s condition. The embassy later asked the Chinese medical team in Burkina Faso to provide him with guidance and assistance, the letter released on Sept 3 said.

信中,中国驻布基纳法索大使馆喊话鲁姓网友,劝告他尽快返航,称其前进的方向不是家。文章称,鲁姓网友所在的古尔马省自2019年1月起已实施紧急状态,使馆已多次发布安全提醒,请中国公民暂勿前往有关地区。信中同时还提到,“你已经穿越、甚至打算再次穿越的布与马里、尼日尔等国边境地区,一直是恐怖活动高发的危险地带。”

The embassy reminded Lu about the severe local security situation. It said that in January 2019, the Burkina Faso government declared a state of emergency in 14 eastern and northern provinces, including the province where Lu was located.

The letter also mentioned that Lu had crossed the border area between Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger, where there have been high numbers of terrorist-related activities, while also worrying about natural conditions and possibility of infection with tropical diseases like malaria and dengue.

鲁姓网友表示,如果不是大使馆的提醒,他原准备骑行回国,但是后来把自己的自行车送给了医院的工作人员。可当病情稳定后,他又计划继续旅行,先去尼日尔和贝宁,然后一路骑行前往埃及,再飞回国。

“If it wasn’t for the notice from the embassy, I planned to ride back to China,” Lu said. “But I gave my bike to a staff member in the hotel I stayed.”

He later recovered to be in stable condition, but planned to continue his journey to go to Niger or Benin, before hiking all the way to Egypt and flying back to China.

鲁姓网友的行为在网上迅速引发争议,许多网友认为他自私不负责,给祖国添乱。

Lu’s behavior caused controversy on China’s social media platforms, with many netizens blaming him for being irresponsible, causing trouble to his home country, and wasting national resources.

而鲁姓网友却认为这些批评很荒谬,9月9日发微博表示,自己没有“蹭国家资源”,这是“一个人的绝地求生”。

He refuted the criticism as absurd. Lu said in response to such accusations, saying that he paid the medical expenses on his own.

He said that he had been relying on himself throughout the journey, even when in bitter situations with no income or support.

视频来源:紫牛视频

该网友此前就读于南京某大学,今年1月,他开启了环球旅行计划,玩遍非洲也是他环球旅行计划的一部份,而当时正是新冠疫情初期,还没有实行封城措施。

一路上,他一直在微博上向粉丝分享自己的经历。3月,他在摩洛哥开启了非洲徒步之旅,去过了毛里塔尼亚,塞内加尔和马里。

Traveling throughout Africa was part of his “round-the-world plan” that he had when he was at university in Nanjing of East China’s Jiangsu province, Lu said. He departed from Suzhou by train on Jan 26, during the early stages of the COVID-19 outbreak when lockdowns and transportation shutdowns were yet enforced.

Lu has been recording his journey and sharing his experiences on weibo, where he has about 400,000 followers. His social media account showed that he started his African trek in Morocco in March, and passed through several countries including Mauritania, Senegal and Mali.

一路上,他偷渡了四次,包括在8月马里发生军事政变前,他逃出了马里。由于疫情的原因,所有航班取消,因此不得不在西非滞留了6个月。

During his travel, he snuck from one country to another four times because of the closure of land borders, including sneaking out of Mali in August before a military coup occurred. He also spent six months in West Africa because all flights were cancelled because of the pandemic.

而这也不是鲁姓网友第一次收到大使馆的消息了。

4月13日,中国驻马里大使馆发布《关于某中国公民执意前往马里中北部地区的领事提醒》。文中称,“国内来非进行穿越非洲大陆旅行的‘驴友’鲁某拟从马里首都巴马科前往马北部城市加奥,并继续前往周边国家。使馆获知该信息后,对其行为进行了多次劝阻,但鲁某仍坚持上述安排。”强烈呼吁其“重新规划旅行计划”。鲁某并没有听从大使馆的提醒,而是选择继续留在了非洲马里。

This is not the first time that Lu was asked to stop his journey. The Chinese Embassy in Mali issued a consular reminder on April 12, warning that he would face great security risks in the area, calling on him to change his travel plans and be responsible for himself, others, and wider society, following multiple attempts to persuade him not to travel to the central and northern regions of Mali.

9月10日,辗转20国的鲁姓网友在布基纳法索接受核酸检测,最终被确诊感染新冠,不得不进行隔离治疗,回国计划搁浅。而当天,他还在微博自曝本来不打算做核酸检测,想买通非洲当地海关直接过关↓

检测阳性后,他被送往了当地医院进行隔离治疗。从他本人发出的微博可以看出,中国大使馆也给他提供了必要的帮助。

昨天,他再次发微博表示,马上出院结束隔离。

综合来源:上观新闻、澎湃新闻、Global times 新浪微博

————世纪君开通视频号啦————